Green America is a nonprofit membership organization dedicated to harnessing the economic power of consumers, investors and businesses to promote social justice and environmental sustainability.
Purrfectplay is proud to display the Green America Seal of Approval. We have successfully completed Green America's screening process and have been approved to be listed as a socially and environmentally responsible -or green-businesses in their National Green Pages(tm) directory.
Green America's Screening Team is appointed by and reports to Green America's board of directors. They investigate each applying company to determine: 1) its familiarity with and commitment to social and environmental responsibility, and 2) significant action in terms of this commitment.
Companies must demonstrate that they:
- Focus on using business as a tool for positive social change.
- Are "values-driven," as well as profit-driven.
- Are socially and environmentally responsible in the way they source, manufacture, and market their products and run their offices and factories.
- Are committed to, and employ, extraordinary and innovative practices that benefit: 1) workers, 2) communities, 3) customers, and 4) the environment.
Purrfectplay has been committed to earth friendly values since its inception.
We act on this commitment in the following ways:
- We pay our workers fair wages while supporting their creativity and encouraging innovative action. We believe this fair treatment creates a more loving and grace-filled pet product.
- We craft our pet toys from certified organic natural fibers and catnip. We believe these natural materials are the best for your pets and for the earth.
- We reuse and repurpose to the fullest extent and recycle when that process is completed. We believe our resources are a gift to be used wisely and fully.
- We partner with our local thrift shop to reclaim damaged wool sweaters, silk ties, and other reusable materials. We believe that trash is in the eye of the beholder.
- We use recycled content in our office supplies. We believe this is an easy important action.
- We use recycled and repurposed shipping materials. We believe this is good economics for us and the earth.
- We give 5% of each and every sale to local and national no-kill/ rescue organizations. We believe we owe a karmic debt to the pet world, on both a personal and business level.
- We strive to educate our customers about the importance of protecting our earth, our pets, and our families thru environmentally friendly actions. We believe the love of a pet is an important way to open our hearts to the full aliveness of the Earth.